With half the celebrities around the world getting their pictures taken leaving Pilates classes, and perhaps your friends and neighbors reducing aches and pains and becoming fit with Pilates, you might be wondering about Pilates lessons for yourself.
“A core workout” is the vaguest answer you will get in just one sentence. Still, surely there is more to it, and only a professional Pilates instructor will be able to give you a better answer.
“Excuse my technical terms in this article, but I can’t help it. I found most individuals rarely make an effort or want to learn more about themselves than they do about others.”
Restructure Your Core
Your Core is your entire body from your diaphragm to your pelvic floor. Pilates can help make your abs stronger or give you better muscular endurance in your Core. Honestly, the focus of a Pilates class is primarily on your inner unit “powerhouse.” That being the central focus of the Pilates programs at Abbysan Centre, it will also serve your back, arms, legs, neck, and feet!
Rebuild muscle tone
You might know at least one Celebrities who credit Pilates as the reason for their toned muscles. It makes your arms lean and toned.
Maintaining the underlying tissue quality of Gluteal muscles is your best asset. It helps in maintaining pelvic stability, knee alignment, power in jumps, speed when running, and make your buttock look shapely in tights, of course. Do Pilates for a more extended, leaner muscle system making you stand taller and look slimmer!
Dancers love it
Pilates is the exercise of dancers. Think of the bodies you see in movies or on the stage — if you want long, lean muscles and ensure the safety of your joints, unlike the dancers; then this is the workout for you.
Athlete and Sport’s Conditioning
Late, Mr. Joseph Pilates initially developed the method as a rehabilitative tool. Joseph Pilates, a German gymnast, born in 1883, who believed that poor posture goes hand-in-hand with poor health and dedicated his life to teaching his exercise techniques. He had a strong belief that having an awareness of breath and alignment of the spine, we could develop the deep spinal and abdominal muscles, and reduce stress.
* Chronic Low back pain (LBP)
* Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases (COPD)
* Post Menstrual Syndrome (PMS)
* Multiple sclerosis
* Lymphedema after Breast Cancer Treatment
* Spinal Deformities
- If you have an injury, consider doing a few one-on-one sessions with one of our Pilates specialists first to learn the basics. On a personal level, always remember the rule that if something hurts, don’t do it.
- Attending classes throughout pregnancy also significantly help and speeds up the process of getting your body back in shape after childbirth. Remember, as with any exercise, always check with your doctor first, and remember to tell your trainer that you are pregnant before commencing class.
Abbysan Studio is located at the entrance of boat lagoon in Phuket, offering highly effective body sculpting Pilates workouts.
Based on various studies indicate people who practice Pilates with proper technique over time see the following benefits:
- Improved flexibility and mobility
- Trunk stability
- Core and pelvic floor strength
- Injury prevention
- Improved posture
- Improved coordination and athletic performance in some sports.
Dr. Abhishek Agrawal
As a pilates instructor, I feel rewarded when my clients achieve their goals, be it getting pain-free or having more ease-of-movement.
Visit the following research links for your reference
Pilates: how does it work, and who needs it?
The Effects of Pilates Mat Exercise on the Balance Ability of Elderly Females
Effects of modified Pilates on the variability of inter-joint coordination during walking in the elderly.
Impact of Clinical Pilates Exercises on Patients Developing Lymphedema after Breast Cancer Treatment