Along with cardiovascular fitness, muscular endurance, flexibility and body composition, muscular strength can provide several health benefits. In this article, we will understand the importance of muscle strength and muscle tone.
Muscle strength refers to the amount of force a muscle can produce and is usually measured by the maximum amount of force a muscle can produce in a single effort (maximal effort).
Muscle tone is the maintenance of partial contraction of a muscle, important for generating reflexes, maintaining posture and balance, and controlling the proper function of other organ systems. The muscle spindle is responsible for maintaining muscle tone, And the Golgi tendon organ is responsible for preventing damage to the associated muscle.
The amount of muscle strength which can be achieved depends on gender, age, and inherited physical attributes. While strong muscles are essential for any athletic endeavour, strong muscles can benefit everyone in some way.
Strong muscles can have direct and indirect benefits on health and include:
- Ease of movement and Good posture.
- Easier performance of recreational activities
- Help develop better body mechanics.
- Decreases the risk of injury.
- Protects bone health and muscle mass.
- Boosts energy levels and improves your mood.
- Easier performance of work, everyday activities and exercise.
- Improves overall health and fitness.
- Stronger tendons and ligaments, and bones.
- Decreases the risk of falls.
- Plays a role in preventing diseases like type 2 diabetes and Obesity etc.
Who can benefit from strengthening and toning:
- Parents and grandparents need strong muscles to lift infants and young children.
- Men need strong muscles for lifting heavy items and placing them on shelves or moving them to other places etc.
- People with hyper mobile joints need to increase their muscle strength and tones to prevent injuries.
- During an emergency, strong muscles enable an individual to work beyond their normal capacity.
Don’ like to go to the gym, don’t like to do cardio, heavy exercise, intense activity and sports or can’t exercise due to injury or pain? AND you want to lose weight, look toned, feel good and live pain-free?
Give us a chance to help you.
Contact us now to book a Private Therapy session.