With seemingly half the celebrities around the world getting their pictures taken leaving Pilates classes, and perhaps your friends and neighbors reducing aches and pains and becoming fit with Pilates, you might be wondering about Pilates lessons for yourself.
What do you expect from a Pilates class?
Most people will answer with something vaguely along the lines of “a core workout”. The truth is that Pilates works more than just your core — your entire body workout and a mindful way of exercising your muscles.
Restructure Your Core
Your core isn’t just your abs — it’s your entire body from your diaphragm all the way to your pelvic floor. Pilates can help make your abs stronger or give you better muscular endurance in your core. Although the focus of a Pilates class is primarily on your core, your inner unit “powerhouse“, the class at Abbysan centre will also work your back, chest, arms, legs, neck, and feet!
Rebuild Muscle Tone. Not Bulk.
Celebrities consistently credit Pilates as the reason for their toned muscles. It makes your arms lean and toned. A great butt is a great asset for everyone its helps in maintaining pelvic stability, knee alignment, power in jumps, speed when running and make your buttocks look good in tights of course. Pilates builds longer, leaner muscles making you stand taller and look slimmer!
Regain Sensory-Motor Control.
Equipment or No equipment… it works
Dancers and Celebrities love it.
Pilates is the exercise of dancers. Think of the bodies you see in movies or on the stage — if you want long, lean muscles like the dancers, then this is the workout for you. Celebrities consistently credit Pilates as the reason for their toned muscles. It makes your arms lean and toned.
Best fit for Prenatal or Postnatal.
Not only important for mums and mums-to-be, Pilates will strengthen your pelvic floor, which is a vital muscle for everyone. Your pelvic floor gives you control over your bladder and bowel, but can be weakened by childbirth, obesity and also if you lift a lot of heavy weights.
Athlete and Sport’s Conditioning
Pilates was initially developed as a rehabilitative tool. Joseph Pilates was a German gymnast, born in 1883, who dedicated his life to teaching his exercising techniques, believing that poor posture goes hand-in-hand with poor health. He believed that by having awareness of breath and of alignment of the spine, we can strengthen the deep torso and abdominal muscles, and reduce stress.
Elderly are not exceptions.
Elderly are not exceptions.
- Chronic Low back pain (LBP)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases (COPD)
- Post Menstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- Multiple sclerosis
- Lymphedema after Breast Cancer Treatment
- Spinal Deformities
- Degenerative Disorders like Arthritis, Osteoporosis and Rheumatoid Arthritis, etc.
Supervised Under Dedicated Instructor.
Word Of Caution.
- If you have an injury, consider doing a few one-on-one sessions with one of our Pilates specialists first to learn the basics. On a personal level, always remember the rule that if something hurts, don’t do it.
- Attending classes throughout pregnancy also significantly helps and speeds up the process of getting your body back in shape after childbirth. However, as with any type of exercise, always check with your doctor first, and remember to tell your trainer that you are pregnant before commencing class.
Abbysan Studio is located at the entrance of the boat lagoon in Phuket, offering highly effective body sculpting pilates workouts.
- Improved flexibility and mobility.
- Trunk stability.
- Core and pelvic floor strength.
- Injury prevention.
- Improved posture.
- Improved coordination and athletic performance in some sports.